Become a qualified childbirth mentor
Birth ROCKS is our bespoke childbirth preparation training programme for the childbirth mentor who want to guide parents towards most amazing day of their lives.
Even celebrity mums such as Kimberley Walsh from Girls Aloud has used Birth ROCKS sessions to help her prepare for birth and talked about Birth ROCKS in her OK! Magazine pregnancy column. Our Birth ROCKS sessions invite along mum and her birth partner and go into more depth regarding birth preparation and comfort techniques that are unique to them as individuals and as a couple. We look positively but realistically at what happens on the big day and how mum and her birth partner can make childbirth an occasion to look forward to and cherish.
About The Birth ROCKS Concept
The only bespoke birth preparation programme for mum and her birth partner. Our mentor’s work with parents to work towards a positive yet realistic birth. We believe that one size does NOT fit all, and using a tool kit of hypnobirthing, natural pain relief and comfort techniques – suited exactly to mums requirements and personal coping style – we work towards the most exciting day of mums life.
Birth ROCKS mentors guide parents through pregnancy and parenthood using their specialist knowledge and techniques. We don’t ‘teach’ class room style antenatal classes, we empower parents to find out what is right for them and their baby in a fun and welcoming environment.
A concept created by YogaBellies perinatal yoga school founder Cheryl MacDonald and her amazing team of midwives, yoga teachers, hypnobirthers and perinatal massage therapists to produce a programme which can help you experience giving birth as the most amazing experience of your life. Cheryl’s birthing businesses and perinatal yoga teaching have been featured on BBC Two Dragons’ Den and also ITV’s This Morning with Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield. Cheryl has also worked with celebrities such as Kimberley Walsh (of Girls Aloud fame) and Catherine Tyldsley (Coronation Street), using Birth ROCKS birth preparation methods.
Why become a Birth ROCKS mentor?
The Birth ROCKS Mentor programme is a complete and comprehensive childbirth educator programme approved and accredited by IICT AND IPTI. We approach birth the belief that one size does not fit all and we want to help parents make their own path on their birth journey.
What are the benefits of being a registered Birth ROCKS Mentor?
- Unlimited, ongoing access to our world-class training accredited, insurable and approved by the IPTI and IICT;
- As a Registered BRA Mentor, you can access your training materials for as long as you need to with no time limits.
- Detailed handbooks, videos, downloads, hand outs for yourself and your clients and more as part of your training package (please note all content is online you do not receive hard copies and images shown are for demonstration purposes only);
- Pre-written set BRA class plans and routines to get you started;
- Approved use of the letters RBM (Registered BRA Mentor) which demonstrates your credibility as a therapist and mentor, and assures clients that you are an member of an active community of registered birth workers;
- As an RBM you can promote your services under their BRA names and use the Birth ROCKS and BRA trademarks.
- Exclusive use of BRA Marketing templates, logos, social media posts and visuals to use or to create your own marketing materials for your birth and baby business;
- Membership of our lively on-line international forum of BRA mentors and therapists across the world, including midwives, doulas, birth educators, massage therapists, chiropractors and more;
- An on-line Mentor’s book shop and clothing shop so that you can purchase BRA branded uniforms and more.
- Benefit from our regular press appearances and brand recognition across the world-wide birth community and also celebrities such as Kimberley Walsh and Cathering Tyldsley;
- Absolutely no pressure to hurry or complete your training or teach at any point. We understand that life happens and BRA wants to support your life choices and work around your needs.
Who is this for?
BRA training is open to everyone but may be of particular interest to: Doulas; Midwives; Birth activists; Hypnobirthers; Mothers; Teachers; Baby Massage Instructors; Pregnancy Yoga Teachers; Breastfeeding consultants; Sling wearing consultants; Life coaches; Massage Therapists and in fact anyone who loves pregnancy, birth and babies! No experience is necessary and we will give you everything you need to become certified and work as a BRA registered or independent (under your own brand) birth and baby professiona
Take a peek at me on BBC’s Dragons’ Den or on ITV’s ‘This Morning’ with Holly Willoughby...
What does the training course cover?
The Birth ROCKS mentor programme covers everything you need to help guide parents on their journey towards birth. The programme is strictly accredited and is a full and comprehensive childbirth educators course. In addition to this we also provide information on teaching skills and techniques and access to our on-line forum of mentors across the world. Our sessions for parents cover three main areas and these are covered extensively in our mentor training programme, in addition to marketing and communication:
Birth ROCKS Mentoring and Communication Skills
Your guide to working with and mentoring parents through the pregnancy and birth journey. This module introduces you to the Birth ROCKS concept and methods and guides you personally on your journey to becoming a Certified Birth ROCKS Mentor.
Marketing your Birth ROCKS Business
When you become a registered BRA Mentor, you will also have access to the BRA website’s full set of birth and baby business marketing resources including the use of our logos, registered images, flyer and poster templates and pre-made social media posts. We keep you up to date with our national campaigns and you can catch up with BRA mentors in your local area using our forums too.
The anatomy and physiology of conception, pregnancy and birth. What happens on a physical level including normal birth, different birthing styles and locations, care providers, interventions, pain medications, special circumstances and pros and cons and recent studies on all of these aspects of birth.
Birth in cultures around the world and in history and the ‘birth’ of fear, the role of hypnosis for pregnancy and birth, releasing your fears of labour and parenting, deep relaxation techniques including body scan mindfulness of breathing, creating your birth space, the role of the birth companion, bonding with baby in utero and birth ceremonies including a Blessingway.
Helping parents ‘actively’ prepare for pregnancy and birth including: a variety of comfort techniques for labour and birth (ranging from labour massage to accupressure), the use of props and preparing a birth plan, breathing techniques for labour and birth, turning a breach baby, nutrition during pregnancy, the role of music and noise in birth.
How is the course taught?
The course consists of a number of home study and online elements including video, audio, downloads and a reading list and exams to consolidate your learning. You can take as long as you like to complete your studies and there will be on-going support throughout the course through our teachers’ forum and through email.
We say roughly between 6 and 24 months to complete all coursework, reading and assignments, dependant on how confident you are in the subject area. You will also have a reading list of books and articles, online tests to complete and videos to watch. On completion of all aspects of the programme, you will become an IICT AND IPTI approved ChildBirth Educator . This is a world wide recognized qualification and is insurable as such.
What do I get as part of my training package?
When you join BRA, you will immediately gain access to all of the manuals and teaching tools you need as well. You also become a RBM Registered BRA Mentor and gain access to all of your materials from the mentors area.
You will automatically be registered on the BRA website and hold a BRA licence and ability to use the registered BRA and Birth ROCKS trademarks and marketing materials. The minimal cost of £9 per month also ensures that you remain part of our online community. You get exclusive BRA mentors marketing materials and content, access to our mentors forum and everything else you need to become a Birth ROCKS Mentor and run your own successful Birth business. Fore more details please click here. Everything you need is on-line, please no that no hard copy materials are provided.
Become a Birth Rocks Mentor Now!
Study online and get your accreditation from your living room right now!
Our world recognised birth preparation qualification, enables you to work with expectant parents in your area as a Registered Birth ROCKS Mentor (RBRM.)
What are you waiting for? Start your new career today!
- Ongoing access to training material
- Detailed handbooks, videos, downloads
- Your own searchable profile page
- Exclusive use of BRA Marketing items
- Access to our internation forum
- Work at times that suit you and your family
© 2020 YogaBellies®