I couldn’t find what I was looking for… so I created it!
The reason why YogaBellies® exists – is to empower women to feel better.
About themselves, about their bodies and their work-life balance – whatever that work is. We support women to live their best lives, by teaching unique YogaBellies® practices in a way that’s accessible to everyone. Yoga life skills women can use every day to relax, stay calm and to feel physically and mentally better.
want to teach?
Buying your own YogaBellies franchise means that you can do all of this with a successful, ethical
and proven formula - and live the life you always wanted. If you want to support other women, run your own business from home and live your best life, get in touch!
Please note this option is for people based in the UK. If you are OUTSIDE of the UK, click here.
So what do we look for in YogaBellies® franchisees?
It's not about who has the best headstand, I'm more interested in why you are doing this.
Do you want to run your own ethical business? Do you want to support other women? Do you truly care about their wellbeing and believe that YogaBellies® offers so much more than performing a few poses on a yoga mat? Do you have what it takes to run a successful franchise? Do you want to create a community and support for women in your local area? That’s what’s important to me!
Anyone can learn the physical practice of yoga, but if you don’t believe in the philosophy of what we do, that can’t be taught.
So why should I join the YogaBellies family?
When you join the YogaBellies® franchise, you become part of a collective of like-minded women. It’s actually more like a family.
YogaBellies® actively support, mentor and guide you on your journey
as a YogaBellies® franchisee and help you create the business of your dreams.
Here’s what you get when you become a YogaBellies® franchisee…
We provide 250 hour Certified YogaBellies® Teacher Training for Women. You don't need to teach classes yourself, but we do ask that you attend training so that you 'get it.'
We make it easy for clients to find you and book classes. We also provide custom-built YogaBellies® systems and reports to help you analyze and grow your business.
We can provide finance to help you start and grow your own ethical YogaBellies® Franchise.
Just email to ask more about this!
When you become a YogaBellies® Franchisee you become part of the most respected women's yoga collective in the UK, known for supporting women throughout life.
We not only support you during setup, launch and growth of your YogaBellies® franchise. We also help you develop the yoga teaching skills and personal practice (for you and/or your teachers) for the duration of your contract.
Our franchisees work when they want, but this is a full-time endeavor. You'll need a minimum of 30 hours per week to devote to your franchise, possibly more to start! But the best news is, you can fit it in around your busy family life and other commitments.
Certified YogaBellies Teacher Training Curriculum
YogaBellies Business Goddess Induction
- This section is really an entire course in itself and you can do this at any point in your journey. YogaBellies CEO, Cheryl MacDonald’s personal advice and pointers will help you avoid the many pitfalls of starting your YogaBellies business and save you time, effort and money.
HERStory and Yoga for Women
- Learn about YogaBellies beginning and understand why yoga for women is different. Uncover the real benefits of yoga for women and how this applies though the life stages.
- Explore the history of women in yoga and their role in yoga today and why we need be honouring our natural rhythms . Explore the intricacies of working with the lunar and menstrual cycles to align with nature.
- Explore traditional yoga philosophy and concepts such as the Chakras and Koshas and traditional yoga terms and how and when to sanskrit.
anatomy for women
- Studying and teaching female anatomy & physiology including
The BAPs: Core form and function, the spine and the pelvis (including the pelvic floor)
- How Yoga Supports Women's Wellness, Female Trauma & PTSD and trauma-informed teaching
- Working with injuries & common female conditions. Identifying contraindications and providing alternatives to asana and mindful asana transitions
- Understand the importance of flexibility, stretching, sensation and pain management when teaching yoga
The YogaBellies Sadhana
- Learn about The YogaBellies Sadhana, the practice and system we apply throughout the female life stages to optimize our yoga practice for overall wellness and vitality: Sense Breathe Move Sleep Circle.
Maiden, echantress, Crone (Menses and Menopause)
- Use the YogaBellies Sadhana of Sense Breath Move Sleep to work with women throughout the menstrual cycle, perimenopause and menopause.
- Find out about the incredible journey of psychological and physiological changes that every woman travels during these transformational life stages. Embrace the maiden, mother, enchantress and crone and learn how these archetypes can be present in our lives at every age.
- Learn how to teach Luna and CorePlay classes for women throughout the life stages, with pre-written class plans provided.
Mother: YogaBellies for Pregnancy
- Examine the incredible journey of psychological and physiological changes that a woman travels during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Discover how we can work therapeutically to alleviate and resolve various aches, pains and ailments related to pregnancy and birth.
Learn about comfort techniques and practices for pregnancy and birth
- Uncover the importance of working therapeutically with the BAPs (back, abs and pelvic floor) in a safe and beneficial way throughout pregnancy during your yoga practice.
- Learn to teach YogaBellies for Pregnancy classes, with pre-written class plans provided.
mother (YogaBellies for Mum & Baby)
- Learn everything you need to know about postpartum anatomy and physiology. What is mum going through at every stage of the fourth trimester and beyond emotionally, physically and spiritually.
Explore the powerful journey into motherhood and the critical stages of post-natal recovery
- Identify key risk factors to look out for in-class; what changes mum should expect and what adjustments we can make.
Learn how we can work with new mums to alleviate and resolve various aches, pains and ailments specifically related to birth recovery and the postpartum period.
- Explore YogaBellies baby yoga postures for infants and toddlers to incorporate into your class: Why they are beneficial and how they can assist their growth, development and overall health.
- Learn how to teach YogaBellies for Mum & Baby; YogaBellies for Mum & Toddler and NURTURE classes (all with pre-written class plans)
Mother (yogabellies baby massage)
- Learn about baby's anatomy and physiology and the key stages for newborns.
- Teaching touch to parents and learning the YogaBellies baby massage strokes and their benefits and uses.
- Learn how to teach baby massage as part of our NURTURE classes.
Teacher Ethics and Holding Space
- Embracing Inclusion & Diversity at YogaBellies and exploring the concepts of Sacred Space
- Learn the basics of studio and class logistics: How to get set up for a safe and effective learning environment
YogaBellies Teacher First Aid
- Explore our YogaBellies in house yoga teacher first aid training, equipping you to deal with essential basic first aid skills for class.
Plus! these amazing bonuses
FREE Birth ROCKS Mentor Training
Train a birth educator in the only bespoke birth preparation technique that is customized to parents' needs. This takes your qualification to CYT250.
6 months business goddess set up
Mentored YogaBellies business launch with our franchise support team and business goddess training
Goddess Meditation & Lunar Kits
Our most popular e-kits packed with meditation recordings, scripts, guidebooks and more on embracing the feminine and living in line with nature's cycles.