YogaBellies for Mummy & Toddler takes off where YogaBellies for Mum & Baby finishes up and incorporates a hatha yoga class for mums and their mobile babies (from 18-36 months.) All levels of yoga practitioners are welcome along with their little people.
PS: Did you know Fearne Cotton is a fan of our Mum and Toddler classes?
Who are these classes for?
Our YogaBellies for Mum & Toddler classes allow mum to enjoy her own yoga practice around her active toddler. While mum is practising her sun salutes, baby may be playing with the other children or exploring the treasure chest… and when the baby starts to become restless, we jump over to our Little Angels yoga for mobile babies. Both mum and baby can enjoy all of the benefits of yoga in a welcoming, fun and safe environment.
A typical session includes hatha yoga for mum and toddler stretches to take their growing bodies through a full range of movement which often involves breathing and focused yoga postures for the mums, and postures-for-two to give mums and mobile babies new ways to relax and play together.
Why should I attend this class?
Benefits for Mum
- Focuses on rebuilding the abdominal muscles and the pelvic floor.
- Helps alleviate back and neck pain.
- Allows mum to regain strength and muscle tone at her own pace.
- Encourages mum and toddler bonding and increases toddler’s social skills.
- Allows mum to exercise and relax along with her toddler.
Benefits for Toddler
- Toddler is fully integrated into mum’s yoga practice and life.
- Enhances toddler’s immune system.
- Helps brain and nervous system development and growth.
- Offers sensory stimulation but also enhanced relaxation leading to
- better sleeping patterns.
- Tires out toddler for increased chance of a good night’s sleep!