NURTURE® by YogaBellies was created to support mothers immediately post-nataly, which is traditionally a time when we were supported by ‘the village’ - a community of women around us, such as grandmothers, aunts, friends and neighbours. In today’s society, women tend to be left home alone with their baby while their partner goes out to work. Without this community and support, we are suffering: More and more women have postnatal depression and suffer feelings of guilt, self-loathing and disappointment that they cannot fulfill their role like other mothers. The myth that women are supposed to raise a baby single-handed is one we wish to dispel. That’s what Nurture classes are all about.
Who are these classes for?
For women who have just had a baby! After the birth, you will have a lot of recuperating to do. Your body, mind and hormones have been working hard and there is a high chance that you will be completely exhausted. NURTURE can help balance those hormonal levels and allow you to relax deeply during a period when sleep, rest and free time are low.
Why should I attend this class?
Benefits for Baby
- Smoothes transition from womb to the world.
- Develops baby’s first language: touch.
- Teaches positive loving touch.
- Develops a feeling of being loved, respected and secure.
- Develops body, mind, awareness and coordination.
- Can help to reduce the discomfort of colic, wind and constipation.
- Helps to regulate and strengthen baby’s digestive and respiratory systems and stimulate circulatory and nervous systems.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Can help to reduce fussiness and improve quality of sleep.
- Improves skin condition
Benefits for Parents
- Helps parents to understand baby’s non-verbal communication.
- Enhances parent’s confidence and competence in dealing with baby.
- Can help with postnatal depression.
- Both parents and baby relax together.
- Promotes lactation in breastfeeding mums (through stimulation of hormones).
- Promotes nurturing instinct (through stimulation of hormone oxytocin).