Birthing the Mother: 50-Hour Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
Join our 50-hour online Yoga Alliance International Accredited YogaBellies pregnancy yoga teacher training, birthing the mother
Are you passionate about supporting women on their journey towards motherhood? The YogaBellies Birthing the Mother 50-Hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Course is here to provide you with the expertise you need to make a genuine difference in the lives of expectant mothers.
Created 15 years ago by Cheryl MacDonald, YogaBellies Founder and Master Yoga Teacher, this empowering prenatal yoga style was developed with a deep understanding of the unique needs of women during pregnancy and childbirth. Combining safe and therapeutic yoga postures and practices for women throughout pregnancy with key elements of a pregnancy yoga lifestyle OFF the yoga mat, YogaBellies considers the complete wellbeing of a pregnant mother. Whether you’re an expectant mother or an aspiring yoga teacher, this comprehensive course offers a wealth of knowledge and practical tools to enhance the pregnancy experience.
YogaBellies Birthing the Mother programme goes beyond traditional prenatal yoga, incorporating Yoga and Ayurvedic principles to holistically support mothers’ energy levels, stamina, cognitive function, and positive pregnancy and birth mindset. You’ll explore crucial aspects of pregnancy, such as bonding with the unborn child, preparing for birth, navigating relationships with caregivers, and learning essential practices like birth hypnosis and alleviating pregnancy discomforts.
Recognising the importance of nutrition and lifestyle for a healthy pregnancy, YogaBellies Birthing the Mother places equal emphasis on these aspects, enabling a positive approach to childbirth. Our focus is on nurturing healthy weight gain and building strength for the mother – both physically and mentally.
Moreover, this programme introduces you to the YogaBellies BAP’s practices, exploring the importance of maintaining the integrity of the Back, Abs, and Pelvic Floor, which play a crucial role in pregnancy and postpartum recovery. With Birthing the Mother, you and your pregnant clients can confidently embrace pregnancy and overcome challenges with comfort and ease.
Fully accredited by Yoga Alliance International, this course offers certification upon completion, allowing you to acquire a yoga teaching qualification and share your expertise with mothers-to-be. Join us on this transformative journey with YogaBellies Birthing the Mother, and let’s work together to enhance the way women approach pregnancy and birth.
- The unique, world-renowned YogaBellies for Pregnancy Sadhana or method, which helps mothers have an optimal pregnancy and comfortable birth.
- Yoga practices, meditation and self-care that is not only safe but therapeutic for pregnancy and birth. YogaBellies only uses postures and practices specifically beneficial for pregnant women.
- How to approach pregnancy naturally and give mum and baby the best possible chance for optimal health throughout.
- Prepare for a fast and comfortable birth, free from fear and anxiety and learn positions and practices for natural birthing.
- Find out about what to expect for mum and baby, the incredible journey of psychological and physiological changes that a woman travels , guided each step of the way by world-class experts in prenatal yoga and wellness.
- How to pregnancy-related alleviate ailments such as morning sickness; SPD and sciatica and more, using your YogaBellies practice.
- Anatomy and physiology during pregnancy, how organs function during pregnancy, an overview of the complications, including miscarriage, premature labour, hypertension, preeclampsia and body mechanics.
- Examine the incredible journey of psychological and physiological changes that a woman travels during pregnancy and childbirth. Human anatomy and physiology (both physical and subtle body) related specifically to considerations during pregnancy.
- Dive into the female reproductive system and the YogaBellies BAP’s philosophy, that women must maintain the integrity of the Back, Abs and Pelvic Floor, during pregnancy and beyond.
- Find out how holistic birthing practices, nutrition, and supplementary treatments can benefit your clients during pregnancy and birth
- YogaBellies SLEEP practices (our blend of self-hypnosis, yoga nidra and nada yoga) for pregnancy, that will help relax and destress your clients from conception to birth
- This is a guided deep-dive into living a yoga lifestyle for pregnancy and birth.
What is Birthing the Mother™ ?
I created this programme for those who want to become an expert in pregnancy and women’s wellness. This is not dry teacher training course, we look primarily at YOU living and embracing your yoga – on and off the yoga mat – throughout pregnancy and even during labour and birth.
You will learn the YogaBellies practices, for each stage of pregnancy. You will be encouraged to embody each practice as you learn it.
This training is equal parts practicing and teaching yoga; personal development and empowerment skills. Birthing the Mother is a real game-changer and is going to make a huge impact on your life and on the lives of the pregnant women you work with.
How does the Birthing the Mother 50-Hour course work?
Each of our 50-Hour YTT are individually accredited courses on their own (or can be added together to qualify for the 300-hour EMPOWER™ qualification.) You can join in with our live online teaching sessions for the 50-hour YTT, or you can simply view the recordings and complete the assessment in your own time. Everything you need is available to you online instantly on sign-up and you will receive a 50-Hour YTT Certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance International on completion.
If you are simply joining this programme for your own personal wellness, there is no requirement to complete the coursework.
What do the 50-Hour Courses Cover?
With a focus on yoga for physical, emotional and mental wellbeing throughout pregnancy – in this course, we focus on prenatal psychology and mother and baby bonding pre-birth. We’ll cover yoga and wellness for the stages of pregnancy, pregnancy-specific illnesses and conditions – as well as preparing for birth using breathing practices and yoga postures; yoga for baby bonding pre-birth. We also look at nutrition, self-care, Ayurveda for pregnancy, alternative and holistic birthing practices and birth hypnosis and so much more 🙂
Cheryl will lead you on a deep, personal journey, no matter your level of yoga experience. Birthing the Mother™ will allow you to begin the journey to understanding and embracing the stages of pregnancy and childbirth and show you how to lead other women to do so too.
With more than 15 years of experience as a yoga teacher, and over a decade in training and leading YogaBellies® teachers, Cheryl is the visionary behind Birthing the Mother™