You Know it’s Active Labour When…
1. You just feel that ‘this is it.’
2. You probably won’t feel the need to eat or drink as much at this stage. Try to keep your fluid intake high so that you don’t become dehydrated and something like a lolly pop can be great to stop your mouth from becoming too dry.
3. You will begin to become engrossed in the birth, focusing and tuning into your body and the surges.
4. You probably won’t want to speak to anyone and everything may seem a bit surreal. This is often known as ‘labour land’ and it feels like a lovely, fuzzy place, created by all of those amazing hormones rushing around your body and your deep breathing too.
5. You will also find that as your waves become more intense, you are less likely to be concerned by how you look or sound to other people. You may pee or poo during contractions and you probably won’t even notice and you definitely won’t care. Please don’t worry about this, nobody will mention it to you afterwards and it’s not a big deal, I promise.
6. No matter how long you find yourself in labour, there are usually consistent emotional and physical stages that most women experience. Midwives are usually very good at recognizing and identifying these signs and will guide you through them.
This blog is adapted from the revised edition of Birth ROCKS by Cheryl MacDonald, available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle.
Contact us today for a yoga teacher training online classes.
🤰DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO TEACHING PREGNANCY YOGA HERE
🤰PURCHASE THE COMPLETE YOGABELLIES FOR PREGNANCY AT HOME PROGRAMME HERE 😍
🤰💊Free download for mums-to-be your guide to probiotics in pregnancy
🧘🏽♀️TRAIN TO BECOME A YOGABELLIES TEACHER ONLINE🧘🏽♀️😍
share the love
I’m an inclusive, not scary, totally normal yet heavily qualified yoga instructor and founder of YogaBellies® and the Birth ROCKS Method. I’m trained in self hypnosis and meditation and what I love is helping women (ALL women) enjoy yoga without having to whisper all the time and wear fancy activewear that cost a month’s rent.
I believe Yoga is for everyone.
Leave a Comment