Our YogaBellies for Pregnancy Teacher Training: Birthing the Mother is one of our most popular trainings. Each 50-Hour course is individually accredited by Yoga Alliance International and you will receive a certificate on completion of training.
Being a mother and birthing a new being into this world is a special and sacred role — regardless of your worldview.
Birthing the Mother is all about the power of motherhood. This Yoga Alliance International accredited training is perfect for anyone working with pregnant clients or students, who wants to make sure their client is safe and offer them so much more in terms of support, understanding and yoga therapy.
In it, you’ll learn how to better serve your clients, friends and family who embark on this beautiful journey…
Here’s what we’ll cover in the “Birthing the Mother” module:
· The anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and birth including key areas of focus for mother before,during, and after pregnancy
· Yoga-approach to interacting with common pregnancy-related conditions and ailments and how to offer therapy and relief
· Develop deep empathy & understanding for physical, mental and emotional changes women go under during pregnancy and childbirth
· Understand how to safely adapt yoga postures and practices for every stage of pregnancy;
· Learn how to use YogaBellies breathing to help pregnant women to relax and sleep better
· Explore yoga practices to prepare for a natural birth and also to be used during birth for a faster and more comfortable birth;
· Gain an understanding of pregnancy-specific anatomy and physiology, including what happens in a body during the pregnancy, potential complications (hypertension, premature labour, miscarriage)
· Find out how to mitigate key risk factors and phases of pregnancy and the emotional and physical changes mother will experience
· Master the therapy of alleviating aches and ailments that come with pregnancy
· Find out about the latest trends and holistic practices in birthing and more
After going through all 50 hours of this course …
Your clients will be thrilled to work with someone who is YogaBellies qualified and skilled and knowledgeable about motherhood, pregnancy and childbirth. This internationally recognized qualification with YogaBellies Global will allow you to work safely and effectively with clients during the perinatal period. Click here to view the full curriculum
Who is this training for?
Our YogaBellies Teacher Training courses are open to everyone. You may be joining because you want to add new skills to our existing yoga teaching or you may be another type of fitness or health professional wishing to embrace YogaBellies techniques in your work.
Our courses are also open to women who want to learn on a non-professional level – for their own well-being and personal learning. If you have any questions or queries just hit reply and I’ll get back to you asap.
How is the training delivered?
Having had some pretty deplorable ‘online’ training experiences myself, I wanted to make sure the EMPOWER provided as much as an in-person training BUT with the added benefits of having lifetime access to the resources and access them in your own time.
Birthing the Mother is delivered as a combination of live (or live online) yoga teacher training and guest expert sessions; live mentoring sessions with myself and my Senior YogaBellies Teachers and daily interaction in our online forum with the YB team and your peers. Every week of training you will be engaged in a combination of these training sessions with home study too. We’re constantly interacting with you to make sure you’re on track throughout the training and if you can’t make a session you can access it later in your own time.
HANDBOOKS AND RESOURCES
In addition to this, you have access to complete handbooks for each module; a full YogaBellies Asana Manual; adaptions for the female life stage and conditions and more. You’ll also be provided with pre-written YogaBellies class plans if you chose to become a licensed teacher (optional).
We provide pre-recorded live YogaBellies class videos for your review and learning; lecture and asana break down videos, all of which you have lifetime access to and can watch at a time to suit. You also get downloadable handbooks, Asana ‘Cheat Sheets’, slide shows, audio learning and more.
For the 50-Hour YTT qualification, you must complete the online quiz to gain your certification. If you are just completing the training for personal reasons, there is no requirement to do this. If you wish to gain the 300-Hour Qualification, there are various other criteria that need to be met also.
You will receive a downloadable certificate from YogaBellies on completion of your mini-course and these can also be counted as credits towards with 300-Hour EMPOWER YTT within 3 years.
No time like the present, so hurry up and sign-up for YogaBellies Birthing the Mother
I want to learn more about teaching yoga during pregnancy
PS. Got questions? Hit the “reply button” and ask away! I’ll pop into your inbox with the answers as soon as I can.
share the love
I’m an inclusive, not scary, totally normal yet heavily qualified yoga instructor and founder of YogaBellies® and the Birth ROCKS Method. I’m trained in self hypnosis and meditation and what I love is helping women (ALL women) enjoy yoga without having to whisper all the time and wear fancy activewear that cost a month’s rent.
I believe Yoga is for everyone.